Makeup Banner

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Summer Beauty Essentials!



Hello beauties! Are you a summer slump when it comes to your "go to" beauty products? Well maybe I can offer some relief with a list of some of my MUST HAVE can't live without summer beauty essentials. These things are a low maintenance girl's best friend, which I am more-so in the Summer than any other season. So, without further ado, on to the list!

Sunless Tanner: FakeBake flawless

This is my HG (holy grail) sunless tanner! So many good things, where do I begin!? First, the application is practically goof proof. In a nutshell, exfoliate while showering, once you get out and your body is completely dry just apply the tanner with the mit that comes with it and it turns out beautifully. If you feel like you need some pointers before applying watch a few youtube tutorials (that's what I did) and I felt completely confident applying ...even the first time! Also, it is a beautiful brown/dark tan, not orange or unnatural in the slightest. It has no offensive odor and I haven't noticed any color transfer on my sheets or clothing and it dries SO QUICK, you don't have to wait around forever awkwardly in your birthday suit for it to dry. Fakebake is absolutely amazing, I have nothing bad to say about it AND I don't feel the need to buy any other sunless tanners.
***Cheapest place to purchase: HERE!


Revlon Lip Butters & Maybelline Color Whispers:


Left: Sugar Plum Right: Coral Ambition
I don't know about you but unless I'm dressing up or have to be in a professional setting, chances are in the summer (day to day) I will be sporting either a Revlon lip butter or a Maybelline color whisper! They are nicely pigmented without being fussy AND they come in some great bright colors and summer hues! My favorite in the lip butter is Sugar Plum  (which you could wear anytime of the year) and in the color whisper is Coral Ambition which is a great shimmery light coral shade. They feel nice and smooth on your lips and make you feel alittle more put together than not wear anything on your lips! I highly recommend them both and I have sooo many more colors on my wishlist!


Essie Nail Polish:
Essie's Playdate

Essie's Boom Boom Room, photo credit here.


Unlike a lot of beauty girls out there I'm not CRAZY over Essie, mainly because of the 8 dollar price tag not because I don't like a lot of the colors. But, the 2 colors I've been LOVING recently happen to both be from Essie (the only colors I own from them ...haha) Playdate, the perfect purple -not too light, not too dark- and Boom Boom Room, a need shade for summer and great vibrant hot pink. Both colors would look great on your fingers or toes and to me they are just the kind of shades that make you happy!


Dove Dry Shampoo:
Again, another holy grail product for me Dove dry shampoo is THE BEST dry shampoo I've tried and I've try almost allll of them, at least from the drugstore. It has a great, "fresh out of the shower" smell, very pleasant and clean. Also, unlike other dry shampoos it is easy to brush into your hair and there is no white residue left behind and of course, most importantly it truly does absorb oil it does a FANTASTIC job and you can get another day out of your second or even third day hair. (honorable mention: I also like pssssst dry shampoo, but I find the Dove one is just as good and at least 3 bucks cheaper.)


Covergirl Outlast stay fabulous 3 in 1 foundation:


This product has received a lot of hype recently and after wearing it for about month straight... it's freaking impressive. I'll give you an example I just recently graduated from college and had to be at rehearsals at 10 am then the actual ceremony was the same day at 4 pm. I had my full face of makeup on by 8 am, was running around all day, in the sun a lot and it was almost 90 degrees. Before the ceremony began I lucky enough to have the opportunity to touch up, but when I looked in the mirror to my surprise ...my foundation was flawless, I didn't need to powder at. all. In fact, I swear my face looked just as flawless as the minute it was applied. Now just so you know, I have dry to regular skin, but I have heard amazing things about this foundation on a RANGE of skin types, do a lot research if you're thinking about purchasing but I think it's amazing and very long wearing.


Honorable mention: Carmex Chapstick

If you're in the market for a great chapstick I must mention my love affair with Carmex. Now I don't mean that gross stuff in the little pot, I mean the flavored chapstick in the tube (my favorite being strawberry and the newly released lime). This is the longest lasting, moisturizing chapstick I have every found. It's the only thing I use because I KNOW (after years of being tempted to buy other things) that beyond the frills and cute packaging of other chapsticks... Carmex is still a better product, get one it's like a 1.19 and you will not be let down.

~
For now that's what I'm loving for Summer, like I said before I'm more low maintenance girl in the Summer, I still love my girly stuff- just lazy I guess, haha. What are YOU loving for the Summer months? -Please comment below, I'd love new suggestions of products to try out!

As always, please follow and subscribe xo

Leah

4 comments:

  1. I want to try the Maybelline Color Whispers, but the colors I want have always been used- yuck. Coral Ambition is on my list though!

    fairestsfavorites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nikki, thanks SO much for checking out my blog! Yeah, I only have coral ambition they are not as creamy as the revlon lip butters but I LOVE the coral shade for summer!

      Delete
  2. I think you provide one of the best Makeup dupes, reviews, tips & tricks. Thanks for sharing us.


    wholesale cosmetics & Buy cosmetic bags

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so Much, you're website & products are amazing! I especially love your beautiful cosmetic bags, keep up the great work. I would be interested in reviewing some of your products on my blog, if you're interested email me hugkissmakeup@gmail.com

      Delete